We need to know that you are who you say you are. Here's what to do if you are unable to verify your ID:
- Make sure you are using a real SA book/card and not a copy
- Make sure you have enough light in the room you are using to take the picture.
- Do not put the ID too close to the camera.
- If you are using a green book, take only front pictures of the ID, even when it requests that you take pictures of the back of the ID as it is trying to capture the barcode and it assumes that everyone uses a smartcard ID. Alternatively, you can use a driver's license or a South African passport.
Some reasons why you may fail ID verification is:
- The document is expired or not a valid SA document
- Your surnames are different (Send us your marriage/ divorce certificate in this case)
- Someone else other than you is doing your ID verification
If the ID verification shows successful/ done but still appears on your account to complete, please reply on the email thread named "website order..." to let us know
You can also chat to a human if you have exhausted the above solutions together with a description/ screenshot of the issue: Submit a request